Hank Greenspun School of Journalism and Media Studies
Scholarship applications Fall 2013 – Spring 2014
- Full-time status during the 2013-2014 academic year. Full-time undergraduate
status is defined as 12 or more credits. Full-time graduate status is defined as
nine or more credits. Teaching and graduate assistants need six credits per semester.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- There are specific eligibility requirements for some scholarships. Please make note in
your statement of goals if you: are a single parent, are returning to school after an extended period,
if you must work full-time while taking classes, or if you are the first in your family to attend college.
DEADLINE: Friday, March 1, 2013 5 p.m.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, submit one copy of the following to the Hank Greenspun School of Journalism & Media Studies main office, located on the second floor, East wing of the Greenspun Hall:
- A completed Hank Greenspun School of Journalism & Media Studies Scholarship Form. YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO COMPLETE THE UNLV SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT FORM. THIS MAY BE COMPLETED ONLINE (http://finaid.unlv.edu/checklist/).
- A current UNLV transcript from the registrar's office. Report cards are not acceptable. If you are not a continuing UNLV student, submit the following:
First semester freshman - high school transcript
First semester graduate student - undergraduate transcript
Transfer student - transcript from previous institution
Unsealed transcripts are acceptable. Please DO NOT ASK the Registrar to send your transcript to the Hank Greenspun School of Journalism.
- A one-page, typed, double-spaced statement describing your academic and professional goals. If you are applying for a Special Needs scholarship, you must describe your special needs in your statement. PROOFREAD CAREFULLY. (Remember; professionalism and presentation count.)
- At least one sample of your work (Writing sample, audio/visual project, web based etc.)
PLUS: Other supporting materials you would like considered.
See additional requirements for:
Mike Zigler Scholarship
Ned Day Memorial Scholarship
Nevada Broadcasting Foundation Scholarship
Questions: Contact Kathy Espin at (702) 895-5126 or email Kathy.Espin@unlv.edu